As the spring 2019 semester quickly comes to a close, we must alert residents, parents, staff, and faculty on some important move-out information. Due to construction and the need to restrict vehicle access from our fire apparatus roadways and sidewalks, there have been changes to where residents will be able to park and load during the move-out period (May 10-19).
We’ve outlined those areas of campus where and when residents will be permitted to drive and load your vehicle. It is important that residents and parents and anyone moving out to adhere to these loading locations and do not drive on any pedestrian walkways.
Friday, May 10 - Sunday, May 19, 2019:
On the perimeter of west campus there will be signed loading zones.
• The north end of West Avenue just across from Baker Tower: specific parking spaces designated as loading zones
• The pull-off area on West Avenue just across from the Baker Flagpole
• Mary Ann Wood Drive (just behind William Keeton House): specific parking spaces designated as loading zones
• Forest Park Lane (just behind Noyes Community Recreation Center): specific parking spaces designated as loading zones
• Alice Cook House loading area just off of University Avenue
Please note that Gothics Way and Becker Drive beyond the loading dock will NOT be accessible before May 18.
On Saturday, May 18 and Sunday, May 19, 2019 ONLY:
In addition to the loading zones above
• Gothics Way will be open and accessible on Saturday from 9am-5pm and on Sunday from 9am-2pm.
• Becker Drive will be open and accessible on Saturday from 9am-5pm and on Sunday from 9am-2pm.
Both of these areas will be staffed to direct traffic to appropriate loading zone parking. No parking on the pathways is permitted.
Several parking spaces in the Forest Park parking lot will be designated specifically for loading from May 10 through May 28, and will not be available for resident or staff parking. Residents may, as an alternative, park in the University Avenue parking lot at no cost.
• Bauer/Kay Halls under Sky Bridge
• Mews Hall loading dock area
• Dickson Hall loading dock area
• Low Rise #6 loading dock area
• Donlon Circle (in front of Donlon Hall) specific parking spaces designated as loading zones
• Robert Purcell Community Center circle off of Jessup road: specific parking spaces designated as loading zones
• Driveway area north of Jameson Hall (access to space from Donlon circle area)
• Cradit Farm Drive to access South Balch Hall
• North Balch Hall loading dock area
• Program House Drive: specific parking spaces designated as loading zones
• North side of Jessup Road loading spaces
• Risley parking lot loading spaces
• Latino Living Center parking lot loading spaces
• Ecology House parking lot loading spaces
• Akwe:kon parking lot loading spaces (accessible from new driveway off of Triphammer Road)
Because we’ve installed construction fencing, access to buildings has changed; we’re working to inform those that will be arriving to pick up residents of those access changes. Access to the Dickson Hall loading area approach is from Triphammer Road to a short spur of Sisson Place. Other buildings on north campus should be accessed off of Jessup Road or Cradit Farm Drive.
Please note that there is no parking between the Gorge and Cascadilla Hall. Residents/parents must not park in fire lanes. The best locations for parking and loading are the City of Ithaca Garage just to the south of Cascadilla Hall and the Williams Street parking lot at the corner of Williams Street and Stewart Avenue.
Limited parking spots are available in the Sheldon Court loading dock. The best locations for parking and loading are the City of Ithaca Garage just to the south of Cascadilla Hall and the Williams Street parking lot at the corner of Williams Street and Stewart Avenue.
Please park and load in designated parking spaces only.