Requests to have your bed height adjusted:
- Beds are set to approximately 36" prior to your arrival unless the room has restrictions due to fire code or space limitations.
- Requests for lowering bed height are accepted beginning September 1 and ending October 1 for the fall semester, and January 14 through February 14 for the spring semester.
To request to have your bed lowered:
- Place a maintenance request (link below), and in the "Request Type" box, select "Repair, Maintenance,Service."
- In the "Request Summary" box, type in your request to have your bed lowered.
- Some bed elevation requests may not be able to be accommodated due to room configuration or fire code issues.
- Some rooms on campus – particularly triples, or those in older buildings with unconventional floor plans – will be set up before students move in with beds already lofted or bunked to accommodate the space. In most cases, this set-up represents the only possible bed configuration for that room.