Cornell Dining takes food allergies very serious. Cornell Dining's culinary team and management are trained yearly with the AllerTrain food allergy training. We can accommodate any special dietary request at any dining location.
Risley Dining Room is 100% certified Peanut, Tree Nut, and Gluten Free by Kitchens with Confidence.
We also offer a peanut free toaster in the North Star Dining Room.
If you have a food allergy or intolerance, it is important to learn about all the options available to you. It is essential to meet with the dietitian, Michele Lefebvre, to review your options. Many students are easily accommodated by foods served each day in the many dining locations. Michele assists the student with managing dietary conditions within the dining halls. A detailed plan is developed for dining on campus safely. If the options are so limited that they will not afford a healthy nutritional diet, chefs in the dining hall are asked to make meals to meet the individual needs.
Please contact Michele directly to set up a meeting.
Michele Lefebvre, RD, CDN
Office: 108 Appel Commons
Student Disabilities Services
Cornell Dining asks that all students with a food allergy work with the student disability services office to help address all needs for the student.
Visit the SDS website to complete the documentation for a dietary accommodation.
All menus in Cornell's All You Care To Eat dining rooms are labeled for the eight major food allergens: wheat, dairy, eggs, fish, nuts, peanuts, soy, shellfish, as well as gluten.
Cornell Dining makes every attempt to identify ingredients that may cause allergic reactions for those with food allergies. Every effort is made to instruct our food production staff on the severity of food allergies, and to label items with possible allergen-containing ingredients. However, there is always a risk of contamination and the possibility that manufacturers of the commercial foods we use could change the formulation at any time, without notice. Customers concerned with food allergies need to be aware of these risks.
- The food (at Risley Dining Room) was amazing, and there are other interesting facets to the (reason of going GF) besides special accommodation, including health, culinary appeal and sustainability.
-President of Celiac Community Foundation of Northern California, Fall 2016
- We just wanted to let you know that everyone was extremely kind, helpful, attentive, and knowledgeable and put our minds to ease with meeting us and safely preparing our daughter's meals. That was the major concern that we had with her and going to college, but rest assured that is all taken care of all because of you and the staff and know she's in good hands. We can't thank you all enough! -A happy mom, Fall 2016
- I wanted to let you know that my daughter and a bunch of friends went to Risley last night and said it was AMAZING. They had outrageous crepes, corn muffins, and other desserts and generally good dinner food. I know you and your staff worked hard to get this done. Here's hoping it's the start of a lot more GF options and safer conditions for the celiacs (and other kids with allergens) on campuses. -A happy mom, Fall 2016
- Thank you for taking such good care of me this year! Every dish has been 5-star quality and absolutely delicious! Thanks again and I look forward to the future meals! -A happy mom, Spring 2017
- Dear Chefs, I just wanted to thank you for the excellent meal on Monday night. The curry, rice, and cake were delicious and I truly appreciate all of your hard work to help me. I feel so grateful to have your team cooking for me every night. Thank you so much!
-A food allergy student, Fall 2014
- Just a quick, although overdue, thank you for all your help in providing safe as well as delicious meals for my daughter who has a severe peanut allergy. As you know this was a serious concern for all of us when it came time to apply for college. You can only imagine what a relief it is to know that our daughter is in such good hands and the proverbial icing on the cake is that she has been made to feel welcome by all of the staff. I know that Laura frequents Trillium where the staff is careful and considerate. And the staff at Martha's goes as far as to prepare her meals separately and is so friendly and kind. She feels very much at home there. We truly appreciate the time you took to meet with our daughter last year and your continued efforts in the years to come to provide safe and nutritious meals. Thanks to you, Cornell University is ahead of the game regarding food allergies safety!
-A happy mom, Fall 2014
Interested in monthly email updates?
SUBSCRIBE to our Nutrition with Cornell Dining Newsletter.