The Language House, part of the Alice Cook House community in the West Campus House System, is Cornell's language immersion residence.
Living in this unique living-learning community helps students become comfortably fluent in Arabic, French, German, Japanese, Mandarin, and Spanish.
For more information about the program, visit the Language House website.
NOTE: The Language House is not a traditional Program House. It is a part of the West Campus House System, and is only open to upperlevel students.
- Open to upperlevel students
- 50+ residents
- Part of Alice Cook House in the West Campus House System
- Single and double rooms, with shared bathrooms
- TV room; large social lounge with pool table, pinball machine, foosball, and ping pong; piano; lobby with sitting and meeting areas; laundry; kitchen with pantry storage; and a study lounge
- Bedrooms contain, for each occupant: an extra-long twin bed, a closet and a bureau (or wardrobe/bureau combination), a desk and desk chair, a desk lamp, a wastebasket, and floor carpeting
- Wireless Internet access
Language House rooms do not have air conditioning.
To apply for residency:
Visit the Language House Apply to Live Here page..
Residency in the West Campus House System - of which the Language House is part - includes a commitment to a House Meal Plan.
For more information, please refer to the Language House web site.