Mission: We are committed to serving high-quality foods that are healthy and creatively prepared with genuine care for a diverse community.
Look for the Eating Well apple on our menus to easily spot options that are:
- 100% whole grain
- 100% trans-fat free
- made with only fresh ingredients
- lower in fat, sugar, and salt content
To follow along with our mission, we are committed to serve house made high quality food that follows the guidelines below:
- Are chef prepared - we have a team of award winning chefs that are passionate for food and are creative in their menus.
- 100% trans-fat free.
- 100% MSG free.
- We use canola oil, not soy or peanut oil, in our fryers.
- A large variety of vegetarian and vegan options are offered at every meal.
- We serve locally produced Cornell Dairy milk, yogurt, cheese, and ice cream.
- All pizza dough is made from scratch daily, including the whole grain pizza dough.
- We serve local apples year round and serve locally produced apple cider.
- All mashed potatoes are from fresh potatoes, grown locally.
- All sushi is made fresh daily on campus with fish using the Monterey Bay Aquarium sustainable fishing guidelines.
- We choose high quality ingredients with few additives and allergens.
- We accommodate all special dietary needs in a supportive and sensitive manner.
- We write menus with seasonality in mind and try to incorporate local foods whenever possible.
- We train all employees to serve food safely through the NEHA food safety program.
- We train all employees to serve food safely through the AllerTrain food allergen training program.
- All dining staff members complete the AllerTrain food allergen training program.
- We hire food safety auditors to help us maintain the cleanest kitchens possible.
- We take suggestions and recommendations from our student customers seriously.
- We work closely with the Student Advisory Dining committee to help guide our decisions.